The Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Get You Out Of My Hand

Go down

Can't Get You Out Of My Hand Empty Can't Get You Out Of My Hand

Post  Scarlet Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:08 am

PRINCE Charles hands KYLIE MINOGUE her OBE yesterday – and can’t resist grabbing her for a chinwag.

The heir to the throne had to bend nearly double to award sexy Kylie her gong at Buckingham Palace.

But that didn’t stop him excitedly chatting away, spending more time talking with the Pop Princess than with any other of the 90 guests.

After several minutes Charles, 59, finally let go of Kylie’s hand and she curtsied as she walked away backwards.

The Aussie singer – wearing a cream satin Yves St Laurent dress and glittering gold high heels – confessed she was “totally blown away” by the award.

Kylie, whose hits include Can’t Get You Out Of My Head, said: “It is an incredible honour for me. It makes me feel humble and proud to be recognised for doing a job that I love so much.”

Charles, standing in for the Queen, had grinned broadly as a Buckingham Palace flunkey announced Kylie’s arrival.

Later the beauty, who recently celebrated her 40th birthday, revealed he had asked her how she was getting on after her recovery from breast cancer in 2005.

She said: “He asked what I’m up to at the moment and said he was happy to see me better.

“It was surprisingly emotional. I expected to be a little nervous and obviously very excited, but it was very emotional seeing all these people from different walks of life joining together for this event.”

Kylie was honoured for a showbiz career spanning 20 years, during which she has sold 60million albums.

Watching her receive the award were her proud mum Carol and dad Ron, who flew in especially from Australia.

Also there was her pop star sister DANNII – a judge on TV’s X Factor.

Kylie said: “I whispered to Dannii, ‘We’re in Buckingham Palace!’ We’d never have believed it when we were kids.”

And she revealed she may now add OBE to her name – saying: “I think ‘Kylie Minogue OBE’ might be nice.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1378763.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=Kylie+Minogue
Scarlet
Scarlet
Admin

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-06-13

http://theden.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum