The Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rotten jibe made Duffy cry

Go down

Rotten jibe made Duffy cry Empty Rotten jibe made Duffy cry

Post  Scarlet Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:03 am

DUFFY fled the MOJO Honours List awards in tears after falling foul of a Rotten tongue-lashing from SEX PISTOLS frontman JOHN LYDON.

The songbird felt the full might of the punk legend’s ferocious temper when she surprised him during an interview backstage.

While ageing rocker Johnny Rotten was having a conversation the young chart-topper hugged him from behind.

But the enraged frontman span on his heels and screamed:"You never do that to me."

A shocked Duffy broke down in floods of tears and then swiftly left the bash.

When an awards official pointed out to Johnny that he had just bawled out one of Britain’s hottest young stars, he insisted he didn’t even know who she was.

That really is the excuse of a modern day anarchist:"I screamed at her because I didn’t realise she was famous."

A source close to Duffy — who had earlier scooped Mojo’s Song Of The Year gong for her massive No1 hit Mercy — revealed:"Duffy was completely shocked by Johnny’s outburst.

"She just wanted to give him a hug and introduce herself. She was really shaken and upset and went home immediately in tears."

It’s not the first time, of course, that Aimee Anne has been seen sobbing.

The video to her single Warwick Avenue sees the Welsh voice of the valleys blubbing for almost its entire duration.

The promo features the singer journeying around London in a taxi cab and concerns a painful relationship breakdown.

Shame to see the tears flowing again though.

The annual Mojo awards bash was held at London venue The Brewery on Monday night.

And the sneering Rotten made quite clear his feelings of contempt for other prize-winners — who included NEIL DIAMOND, LED ZEPPELIN, NICK CAVE, PAUL WELLER, MOTORHEAD, THE SPECIALS and GENESIS.

Accepting the Mojo Icon Award the punk pioneer spat:"You’re all cowards. Look around you. Look at what Britain is becoming.

"You can’t drink, you can’t smoke. All I see in this room is just a bunch of mellow p****-wipes.

"What we did in the Sex Pistols had integrity. Celebrate the Pistols. We are what made Britain great. I accept this award on the Pistols’ behalf you f******."

He then hurled his microphone to the ground.

Before her abrupt departure Duffy hinted she has made an audacious bid to sing the next Bond theme song.

When asked whether she was currently trying to secure the Bond deal, the singer’s grin suggested she was and she coyly replied:"A lady never tells."

LEONA LEWIS is the current front-runner to sing the Quantum Of Solace track.

But the queue for that honour is getting longer than for the showers at Glastonbury...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1304285.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=duffy
Scarlet
Scarlet
Admin

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-06-13

http://theden.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down