The Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profile: Estelle

Go down

Profile: Estelle Empty Profile: Estelle

Post  Scarlet Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:39 am

Profile: Estelle

Birth Date: January 18, 1980

Image: Streetwise British rapper

Best Known For: Her No 1 single American Boy, featuring Kanye West and produced by will.i.am

Early Life: Estelle was born in West London to a Senegalese mother and a father from Grenada. She is the second of eight children.

Estelle has always loved music and started writing her own songs from an early age. She said she grew up being made to listen to church music by her mother but often snuck out to gigs.

She left school at 18 and worked as a runner for a music production company, a record shop assistant and a music journalist for a website.

She then quit and began recording her own demos and performing live. She set up her own record label Stellar Ents on which she released her first single, 1980, in 2004.

Career High: Being nominated for Best New Artist at the Black Entertainment Television Awards 2008, which highlighted her success and recognition in the US.

Love Life: Estelle has apparently revealed she's currently enjoying dating.

It's been reported that her album Shine "was kick-started by me dumping my boyfriend".

Don't Mention: The first time Estelle met soul man John Legend - now friend and collaborator - in a Los Angeles restaurant, it seems she didn't recognise him.

She told the Daily Mail: "I recognised Kanye West, but I didn't even realise that John was with him at first. I went over to Kanye and asked if he could introduce me to John Legend some day. He did it on the spot."

Words Of Wisdom: "I think boys are boys all over the world. Americans just have a different swagger and upbringing."

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/celebrity/news/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=8796103
Scarlet
Scarlet
Admin

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-06-13

http://theden.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down