The Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McFly's naked jacuzzi japes

Go down

McFly's naked jacuzzi japes Empty McFly's naked jacuzzi japes

Post  Scarlet Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:02 am

MCFLY may have grown up, but they still find time for rock ‘n’ roll behaviour – like lounging naked in their new jacuzzi.

In an exclusive interview, front man TOM FLETCHER told The Sun: “DANNY and DOUGIE got in – it’s their jacuzzi.

“I didn’t have any trunks with me and they were like: ‘Don’t worry, we’re all naked!’

“So I got naked and got in, and it turned out they did all have swimming shorts on and I was the only one who was nude!”

The boys – who release new single Something For The Radio on Jul 14 – still enjoy having fun, but their days of wild partying and random flings, such as HARRY's with LINDSAY LOHAN, are over.

Tom said: “All of us have been in relationships for a little while.”

They also value the time they get to enjoy the perks of fame – installed at McFly Towers in London – on their own their own terms.

Tom adds: “I can’t imagine what it’s like for DAVID BECKHAM or AMY WINEHOUSE – the pressure of being in the public eye, it must be massive.

“We’ve balanced our private lives and our work lives.”

But there are considerable perks to be had.

The boys all live in adjoining houses in a nice part of west London and make the most of the rewards they’ve reaped from their years selling a truckload of pop records to squealing pubescent girls.

Fletcher proudly boasted: “I’ve got myself a home cinema!”

Which seems fair enough considering that he’s written no less than ten number one singles – three of which were for Busted, while the other seven were McFly hits – and he was only born in 1985.

Since splitting from their record label – Island – McFly have decided to do things their own way: starting their own label, and releasing their album for free.

“We’ve made enough money to fund it ourselves now," Tom reveals.

“The music industry’s shifted over the last couple of years – you have to be bold and take risks.”

Their new album Radio:ACTIVE is beefier than what’s gone before – but it’s still undeniably a pop record.

The sound of the record has been heavily influenced by producer JASON PERRY – who used to sing in 90s punk-pop band A.

Perry – who also produces MATT WILLIS’ solo records – is touching 40 but can still be seen slinking around west London pubs in his baseball cap, looking like TOM HANKS in the film Big.

“Jason is like the fifth member of the band,” said Fletcher.

“He’s responsible for so much, he’s helped us so much and since working with him he’s become a really close friend.”

So if they’re all mature now and want to be taken seriously, would they play a proper summer rock festival like Download or Reading?

“I don’t know about Download, we’d have to discuss it if they asked us,” Fletcher laughed.

“But we love playing festivals and we’d like to do more. We played V last year, which was great. And we were voted 'best pop band at a festival' at the festival awards.”

But maybe to avoid the notorious 'DAPHNE and CELESTE' moment - as it’s become called – in honour of when the pop duo got mercilessly pelted with bottles at Leeds festival in 2000, McFly should know their market and stick to seaside roadshow gigs.

It’s not something they seem to worry about.

And nowadays McFly – even though only aged between 20 and 22 – are influencing a new generation of popstars, like rising US trio THE JONAS BROTHERS.

Fletcher revealed: “They asked if we could write a song for them and we were too busy, but yeah, they said they’re influenced by us.

“It’s really weird that we’re now influencing other bands!”

But despite all the recent changes in McFly world, Fletcher insists that the foursome are here to stay.

“There’s no side-projects or going solo. It’s not something I’m interested in.

“It feels like when we first got together as a band at the moment – it feels like when we were doing our first record. It’s really good.”

So can we expect to see a geriatric McFly – clad in flat caps, and propped up on wonky zimmer frames – performing at tea dances in 40 years time?

“It’s our lives, I can imagine it going on for as long as we enjoy it – I can imagine McFly going on for ever.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/celeb_interviews/article1370029.ece#OTC-RSS&ATTR=Celeb%20Interviews
Scarlet
Scarlet
Admin

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-06-13

http://theden.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down