The Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy does a bit for Fielder-Civil rights

Go down

Amy does a bit for Fielder-Civil rights Empty Amy does a bit for Fielder-Civil rights

Post  Scarlet Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:23 am

AMY WINEHOUSE made a sensational plea at last night’s NELSON MANDELA birthday concert: “Free Blakey my fella.”

The troubled singer could not resist paying tribute to her jailed husband BLAKE FIELDER-CIVIL.

Frail Amy, 21, substituted those words into the finale Free Nelson Mandela song.

She also wore a red heart-shaped hair-clip spelling ‘Blake’ in her trademark beehive barnet.

Fielder-Civil, 26, is behind bars awaiting sentence after admitting perverting the course of justice and GBH.

Amy was topping the bill at the 90th birthday tribute in London’s Hyde Park — after making the short trip from the hospital where she is being treated for emphysema.

The Back To Black chart-topper’s performance eased fears her voice had been damaged by the lung disease — as she belted out her hits Rehab and Valerie.

Amy told FEARNE COTTON, hosting the ITV coverage: “I’ve been in hospital, as an in-patient. I’m going back after, I came out for this.”

Mr Mandela, looking frail and using a walking stick, arrived on stage with wife Graca to a chorus of Happy Birthday from the 42,000 fans.

GORDON BROWN praised Mr Mandela for his courage and lack of bitterness and insisted the world should listen to him.

The PM said: “He’s simply an inspiration. You know when you go into a room and you meet Nelson Mandela you are in the presence of the greatest man of our generation.”

The concert was for Mr Mandela’s Aids charity 46664 — the prison number he had for 27 years for opposing apartheid.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1353321.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=amy+winehouse
Scarlet
Scarlet
Admin

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-06-13

http://theden.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum