The Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wayne Rooney: Roo: I'm Welsh

Go down

Wayne Rooney: Roo: I'm Welsh Empty Wayne Rooney: Roo: I'm Welsh

Post  Scarlet Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:52 am

WAYNE ROONEY had to promise to change his nationality to WELSH before his favourite rocker would sing at his wedding reception.

KELLY JONES of the STEREOPHONICS also got him to pledge to play for Leeds next season.

Kelly, 34, of Cwmaman, South Wales, was flown by private jet to the bash in Italy by Wayne’s wife COLEEN as a surprise – as revealed by The Sun.

The Have A Nice Day singer said: “My opening line was, ‘So Wayne, your missus rang and asked us to do this’. I said, ‘On one condition – as long as he plays for Leeds next season and changes his nationality to Welsh. Can I get that in writing before I start’?

“Me and Adam, who plays in the band, played an hour of hits and requests. Wayne and his family sang every word. He loved it. It was a good crack.”

The new Mr and Mrs Rooney, both 22, got home on Saturday after the £3million wedding at 14th century abbey La Cervara, above Portofino.

But the Catholic couple will be stunned to discover the ceremony is now at the centre of a probe by Italian church officials.

They were granted permission to have a Catholic service performed on Thursday by Coleen’s family priest Father Edward Quinn.

But at the last minute the local marriage office said La Cervara had been deconsecrated.

Yesterday the office’s Father Mario Ostigoni said: “We are not pleased.

"The paperwork was in order and permission was granted, but La Cervara was not suitable.

“If Father Quinn did carry out a blessing or some form of religious event it was wrong. It has absolutely no validity in the eyes of the Church and the Lord.”

Yesterday a local paper claimed Bishop Alberto Tanasini withdrew permission for the wedding after seeing reports of “endless partying, fuelled by alcohol”.

A source close to the Rooneys said: “If there is some doubt over the service Coleen especially will be upset.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1295526.ece#OTC-RSS&ATTR=Bizarre
Scarlet
Scarlet
Admin

Number of posts : 1957
Registration date : 2008-06-13

http://theden.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down